June 02, 2015

The Non-Asian Asian

Since deciding to come back to Blogger, I've tossed around different ideas about what and how to blog.

Many things I want to share are random thoughts or past events, and are all extremely random. Nothing's wrong with that, my previous blog was labeled "My Simple Randomness," but it at least had chronological organization to it. I admire how Rick blogs, but I think my neurotic OCD tendencies would get the best of me, frustrate me to no end, and then I'd just stop blogging all together (yes, I can be THAT neurotic).

So I've been brainstorming different themes.

A theme to somehow connect all of the random content together. My issue was that all the different topics I've been wanting to write about seemingly had no common ground.
It wasn't until I realized how unusual a lot of the mental drafts I had in my head were. I've made, what most would consider, a lot of "socially unacceptable/unconventional" decisions - especially in the eyes of many Asian cultures.

I'll get into my ethnic and cultural background sooner than later, but for now, I've decided to change my blog title to The Non-Asian Asian.

At least for now, until I get bored or write myself into a corner.

- D. 

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog... I read the other post too. I have a very unique name too and although I don't use my name in full on my blog, ir's all over my social media... luckily I'm older and I don't get harrassed... Have a great evening ♡ (Launna)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was so lucky!! I actually deactivated my Facebook (which I even changed my last name to my middle name) awhile back because of issues, and other than this blog, I don't use any other form of social media besides IG. And likewise, I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog also :)

      Delete
  2. I gave up trying to connect everything. lol! But once in a while when I step back I notice that, almost by accident, things tie together by themselves. It's weird.
    I hope you don't get bored for a long time--I've missed you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not either :) I think I've got plenty of material for this blog that I've gathered over the years, lol

      Delete